It’s been a busy month for the BorrowMyPooch Team. Here’s a rundown of some of the things we’ve been up to …
Melbourne Dog Lover’s Show
The team was at the Dog Lover’s Show earlier in the month and had a pawesome time talking to everybody who came to visit our stand in Melbourne’s beautiful Royal Exhibition Building. So many great pooches at the show – one of our favourites has to be Ralf the Giant Schnauzer. He’s a bit of a hero at the Royal Children’s Hospital in Melbourne and you can watch the ABC’s morning show segment featuring Ralf and his owner here.
New features launched on our website
We’ve added some new features and improvements to our website:
- Favourites: both owners and borrowers can favourite their matches which they’re most interested in meeting up with. On their profile click on the “add to favourites” button below their profile picture and they will be added to your favourites list. They will then receive an email letting them know that you added them to your list of favourites and will most likely check your profile out as a result!
- Match filters: we have added an extra filter so that you can now filter your matches on whether they are verified or not, as well as by distance.
- Payment by credit card: we have now provided the option of paying by credit card without a PayPal account.
- New verification system: we have streamlined the verification system to make it a two-step process which verifies your email address when you create your profile and then your identity is verified as part of the subscription process.
Tony Knight Dog Listener blog spot
We are very excited to announce that Tony Knight (internationally-renowned Dog Listener) is going to be a regular contributor to our blog. Click here to read his first blog on a quick guide to the kinds of pooch personalities you might encounter when taking your borrowed pooch for walkies. Great advice for both owners and borrowers.
Update your pooch’s profile
BorrowMyPooch is an affordable alternative to dog walkers, doggy daycare and dog boarding for owners who don’t always have the time or the capacity to give their pooch the care it needs. To make sure your pooch has the best profile please take a few minutes to update their profile with:
- A cute photo – who can resist a great doggy photo?
- Tick the availability boxes to let borrowers know when your pooch needs to be looked after
- Select the care options that your dog needs: extra love, exercise, sitting, etc
You can update your pooch’s profile by signing into your account, click on “My Profile” in the main menu and then click on “View Pooch Profile” on the right hand side of your profile page.
This is our first monthly newsletter and we’d love to get your feedback. So please let us know what you think and also your ideas of what you’d like to see in next month’s newsletter at email@example.com.
The BorrowMyPooch Team